What is FUE Hair Transplant Performed With Sapphire Blades?
The increase in technological developments that take place with each passing day has paved the way for the development of new and innovative hair transplant techniques as well as hair preservation treatments that prevent further hair loss. Hair transplantation has progressed and developed dramatically over the years and has become a well-established and less invasive surgical procedure. The FUE method, which is considered one of the most modern and common hair transplant techniques, ensures results with a natural look and leads its success one step further through the use of special devices with sapphire blades. FUE – The hair transplant method used since 2004, has become the most common hair transplant technique in the world. Now is the time to focus on meeting patient expectations and prioritizing their needs over quality and integrity.
Hair transplantation reduces pain
Thanks to the use of intravenous anesthesia given under the supervision of an anesthesiologist, the pain level of local anesthesia is significantly reduced.
As a result, your hair transplant will be comfortable and painless.
Along with the fact that hair transplantation is a painless procedure, the sedation will also help those who have been prevented from “tryphenophobia” (needle anxiety) as the sedation is generally soothing.
Thanks to the soft sedation, the hair transplant, which was a simple medical procedure with minimal pain, became a painless medical procedure.
What is Soft Sedation?
The sedaation varies from person to person according to his needs and body abilities. The chemical action of the sedation on the body will affect in a way that will calm down and even sleep. Do I have to get the sedation? sedation is an effective and safe procedure even for toddlers. As mentioned earlier, sedation will give the patient a more comfortable operation and reduced pain. It is important to remember that despite the fact that the use of anesthesia is on the recommendation of the doctor, in some cases a transplant without anesthesia will be possible as well.
Sapphire FUE versus Classic FUE
The difference between Sapphire FUE and Classic FUE regarding the opening of micro-channels
- FUE, which is conducted by using blades made from a precious gemstone called sapphire, is defined as the utilization of special sapphire blades instead of steel blades during the process of creating incisions within the recipient site.
- FUE performed with sapphire blades is not a technique, it is an innovation implementing a new process within the FUE method.
- The blades are designed to minimize scab formation and speed up the recovery process through opening smaller micro channels within the recipient site for transplantation.
- In FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) conducted with sapphire blades, after the patient is administered local anesthesia, hair follicles are extracted one by one from the donor area with the aid of a micro motor and micro punches in sizes of 0,6 – 0,7 – 0,8 diameters.
- With the FUE method, the extracted hair follicles should be transplanted into the incisions that have been created.
These channels have a major influence on the density, angle and direction of hair growth, which are the determinants of obtaining a natural appearance.
For this reason, opening of the channels is considered to be the most important process for a successful operation.
The best possible way to open micro channels can now be achieved through the sapphire blades.
Hair follicles will be transplanted into these channels.
The small incisions, which are at the same length of hair follicles, are created using sharp, smooth and durable sapphire blades varying in sizes of 1,0 -1,3 – 1,5 mm. As a result more channels can be opened, enabling the hair follicles to be transplanted more closer to each other.
Some hair transplant centers claim that they can transplant 65-70 follicular units per square centimeter at which they would provide the patient with natural looking and dense hair.
Neither sapphire blades nor steel blades, can make it possible to obtain such high graft density.
Because, in order to create a natural-looking appearance, hair follicles must be transplanted taking into account the accurate angle and direction of hair growth.
If 65-70 follicular units per square centimeter were to be transplanted, it would be impossible to achieve a natural outcome, because creating incisions in alignment with the proper growth direction of the hair follicles would be prevented by such density.
The natural angle of hair growth is 40-45 degrees.
If hair follicles are transplanted perpendicular to the scalp, at the cost of obtaining density, this will create a pluggy look with unnatural results.
The Advantages of FUE Performed with Sapphire Blades in Comparison With Steel Blades:
- Owing to its qualities such as smooth surface with antibacterial properties, hardness, sharpness and durability, when using sapphire blades for the process of opening micro channels, vibration will be reduced thus, the risk of complications such as trauma and scalp tissue damage will also be reduced.
- In comparison with steel blades; FUE performed with sapphire blades enables more dense transplantation, which makes it possible for individuals with advanced hair loss to undergo a hair transplant procedure.
- Using sapphire blades enables to achieve more density thus, creating a more natural-looking appearance.
- In comparision with steel blades, sapphire blades allows to inject lesser tumescence-a special fluid to lift the skin from the bone- prior to making incisions. As a result, fluid retention experienced after the surgery will be reduced thus, making the post-operative phase more comfortable for the patients.
- As incisions created for the transplantation process will be more smaller, tissue recovery will be faster in comparison with using steel blades, but most importantly the bonded skin will have a smooth surface.
- As a result of opening the channels at the same length of hair follicles, it is not possible for the follicles to become dislodged and their angle allignment to be altered after the transplantation process.
When a method is well-known and generally accepted, the following phase that people tend to expect from the method, is to deliver ‘perfection driven by quality’.
Over time hair transplants also followed a similar path and have advanced to an improved state, undergoing the necessary transformation to finially achieve the ‘perfect look’.
FUE; a hair transplantation method in use since 2004, has become the most generally accepted hair transplant technique worldwide.
Now it’s time to focus on satisfying patient expectations and to prioritize their needs with respect to quality and perfection. This expectation regarding the outcome of a hair transplant in terms of quality and perfection, has been fulfilled by performing the FUE technique utilizing sapphire blades.
The FUE technique with sapphire blades, which is conducted at Dr. Serkan Aygin Clinic, offers natural, successful and aesthetically pleasing results. If you would like to receive more information on FUE with sapphire blades or ask for a consultation, you can always contact us.